Monday, April 18, 2011

A missing person

On this road I've gathered many rocks in my shoe.

And left behind many souls, but last I thought i'd leave you.

I've let go of many aging, deflating balloons.

But I never once believed that yours, I'd let float so soon.

The cracks in the pavement, I skip two at a time.

My heart is a fool, and my mind painted with crimes.

I stole from you one too many times.

I stole all your thoughts and tossed them in the fire.

I took from your heart all that you aspired.

I ripped from your brain every hope you could fly.

I said you'd never succeed, so why would you try?

Of every mistake I've made old or new, the absolute

worst was losing you.

But today I look in the mirror, where I expect you to be

and all I see is a space where I used to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment