Friday, February 25, 2011

Becoming

My body is a chrysalis, numb in becoming.
It's set in quiet motion, it's skin transforming.
Touch it and it will quiver underneath your palm.
I'm just trying to make you understand.
I'm just trying to make you see.
I'm just trying to make you understand, who I am, that I don't know.
What you see is not what I see.
Two separate colors, two different shapes.
You see yin and I see yang.
So be patient with my body as it forms a peace between the two.
Shaking somewhere inside this green cocoon, I don't want you to come inside.
Not yet my love, but soon, when I arise look in my eyes.
And show me what you see, and I hope so will I.
My body is a chrysalis, and I am safe inside.
I am safe from all the horrid things I am and have become.
Wait for me, or walk from me, I deserve you none.
Patience Love, when I emerge my wings will wrap us whole,
              my body is a metamorphosis, incomplete, not whole.
If you'll wait I swear to you, my body will be open to you freely,
              I won't shake under your touch, I want to see what you see.
My body is a chrysalis, fragile, shaken, new.
Wait for me, my love...my love, and I will find my way out to you.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment