Monday, February 28, 2011

Lifeless or just wordless?

I used to know that I was a writer....

But now I don't know.
I've developed so much doubt in my abilities, my self esteem is at the lowest it's been since early high school, and I can't seem to write anything good anymore...
I just don't feel it, everyone says "just write, just get it done," and i'm wondering if maybe thats why I can't, because everyone just wants me to "get it done" i'm so tired of everybody else...I feel like I need to go somewhere all by myself for a while and just breathe and be me, figure out everything...what I want, who I am, what and who I want to be...I don't know. I miss being a kid more than I think I ever believed possible, life sucked, but at least I could escape into my own mind, at least the responsibility of life wasn't so heavy on my shoulders. Now life sucks in a different way...a way I can't describe or escape. I don't feel the angst of being a teenager or the fear of a child, i'm just...not happy. It's so simple and so complex, I can't describe the feeling, it's just frustrated discontent. I think part of it is that I no longer seem to have an outlet to let out my frustrations, I try to write and either nothing comes to mind or else it comes out as this frustrated attempt that turns into nothing except angry words and expletives. It's crippling to me, I feel like someone has chopped off my legs and arms. I feel breathless..I feel...lifeless.

I need artistic resuscitation...

No comments:

Post a Comment